Does reading is becoming more and more old-fashioned?
More kids at schools chooses playing a game on the phone, than reading a book, we can say the same about adults. They have an excuses like ‘I do not have time’. Of course you do! If you really want to.
“You know that feeling,” she said, when you are reading a book, and you know that it is going to be a tragedy; you can feel the cold and darkness coming, see the net drawing tight around the characters who live and breathe on the pages. But you are tied to the story as if being dragged behind a carriage and you cannot let go or turn the course aside.” ― Cassandra Clare,
First of all, let’s look at the scientific facts about reading, maybe there is something that you did not know?
- Reading can help prevent Alzheimer’s.
- Being a reader means you can learn something new every day.
- People who read are more likely to vote, exercise, be more cultural.
- Reading can be therapeutic.
- Reading enhances your memory.
- Reading helps to boost your analytical thinking.
- People who read are more likely to get ahead when it comes to their careers, and life in general.
…. and that is not all of course. Although, it is pretty impressive, right?
So why not to take this opportunity to be more succesfull in life just by reading?
Reading should not be just a way of getting information, studying or working. Reading is MORE. When we are reading we living different life. It takes us to a places that we never imagined to exist, and gives as emotions, that we never thought we have. Who would not want to experience that?